Environmental Benefits: Reuse & Recycling Ink and Toner Cartridges
North America is setting a record by saving plastic & metals of more than 40,000 tons from landfills. This is a result of the cartridge recycling. We can save upto 9599 kilograms of aluminum, 40 tons of plastic, and 1,000,000 liters of oil by recycling 100,000 used cartridges. Thus, Ink cartridge recycling has ensured successful sustainable development.
Now you can imagine the exponential savings that are resulted from reusing those cartridges BEFORE the recycle. Reuse is regarded as the highest form of recycling. That is why re-manufacturing is the best ideal way to give another life to used inkjet & toner cartridges.
Some of the reasons to reuse recycle cartridges:
- It decreases air & water pollution/emissions, which are associated with landfilling, incineration or the production of new cartridges.
- It preserve our natural resources including timber, water, oil/petroleum and minerals as it decreases the need for raw material.
- It helps to save energy.
- It decreases emissions of greenhouse gases that help the global climate change.
- It support us to sustain the environment for future generations.
All of our cartridges, unlike the refills you get at some of the local stores, are professionally re-manufactured (which means the cartridges are completely taken apart, cleaned from the inside, and components replaced as appropriate). We follow a re-manufacturing process and we offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Since we focus on the best standard of quality, we do not provide ink refill kits. While this is the cheapest route to refilling cartridges, there are simply too many issues associated with refilling kits (i.e. dried ink and air bubbles within the cartridge results in poor print quality, overfilling can cause cross contamination of the different colored ink within the cartridge and can actually result in lower page yield). Our approach destroys these types of issues by assuring an ISO 9001/16001 certified re-manufacturing process.
In addition to this, we sell a limited selection of new OEM cartridges inspired by the "reuse" philosophy. While this may bound the multiple profit avenues. The Image 1 Overseas assure to reduce the affect of printing on the environment.
Why Image 1 Overseas?
With Image 1 Overseas strict re-manufacturing process, we can ensute 100% Guarantee and the eco-friendly benefits. Following are the reasons to buy our products:
- We offer cost saving on bulk orders
- We give proceeds to plant trees
- We utilize recycled materials whenever feasible, including our printed materials, for our boxing, packaging and shipping supplies
- We insist on the importance of conscientious printing
More Facts About Recycling
- Every year over 375 million of empty ink & toner cartridges are thrown away with ending up in landfills & incinerators.
- To put this in perspective the 375 million cartridges per year amount to disposal of:
- 1,000,000 cartridges per day
- 11 cartridges per second.
- 375 million cartridges put end-to-end would circle the earth over three times.
- Reuse & recycling reduce wastage. Yet approximately 70% of all ink cartridges and 50% of all toner cartridges are still not recycled.
The plastics that are used in printer cartridges are manufactured from an engineering grade polymer having slow decomposing rate ranging between 450 to 1000 years depending on the type of the cartridge. Ink cartridges also leak the printer ink polluting the surrounding ecology.
The carbon black (toner) of ink cartridges has been categorized as carcinogenic by the International Agency for Research on Cancer.
Producing each new laser cartridge needs more than three quarts of oil. Thus, recycling supports lower this cost to a considerable degree. Calculation says an estimated quantity of over 11 million gallons of oil can be easily saved by ink cartridge recycling.
We can preserve natural resources & energy by recycling printer cartridges. Up to 97 percent of the materials of a printer cartridge can be recycled or reuse with proper care. In extreme cases, printer cartridges can be refilled up to 15 times before reaching the end of the self life. The oil consumption is reduced to zero for reused/re-manufacturing cartridges.